We confirm the continued support of the EQUAL-SALARY Foundation to UN Global Compact. In renewing our commitment, we express our intent to keep supporting the Global Compact in advancing the 10 principles, in particular principles 1, 2 and 6 of the UN Global Compact with respect to human rights, and labor.
On a daily basis, the EQUAL-SALARY Foundation engages companies and/or institutions to commit to equal pay for women and men through offering a robust “high level” certification process. Comparable to an ISO for wages, the EQUAL-SALARY certification allows companies to verify and communicate they have equal pay for women and men.
Since May 2018, the EQUAL-SALARY Foundation (ESF) has undertaken the following actions:
- ESF has certified 60 organizations in the following sectors : banking, retail, global health, tobacco, insurance, education, food industry, office products. Over 100’000 women and men have been directly impacted.
- ESF has joined EPIC – the EQUAL PAY INTERNATIONAL COALITION by ILO, UN WOMEN and OECD in 2018.
- ESF has participated and contributed to EPIC Technical Conferences in Reykjavik in 2018 and Berlin in February 2020, presenting how we engage organizations to embrace equal pay.
- ESF has announced the first global certification in March 2019 for Philip Morris International impacting over 80’000 employees in 91 countries, setting a milestone for equal pay.
- CSW 63 New York spreading the word about equal pay through BPW – Business and Professional Women International Network – BPW Summit Leaders and Equal Pay Day Event at German Mission, NY.
- On April 24, 2019, ESF spoke in an UN Global Compact Academy webinar where 50 participants learned how to evaluate, understand and take action to address the gender pay gap in their companies.
- On April 2020, ESF announced the certification of UBS Switzerland, one of the major employers of Switzerland and of its sector, setting a new milestone for equal pay.
- ESF continues its global mission with candidate organizations applying for its certification in various countries across the world.
Vevey, Switzerland, April 29, 2020
Véronique Goy Veenhuys, Founder & André Schneider, President